The Coast Guard base on Chincoteague Island is scheduled to host an event for mariners to come and meet locally based federal and state law enforcement officers March 10 at 6:30 p.m.
The event will provide an opportunity for mariners to meet some of their local enforcement officers, ask questions and learn about new and existing regulations.
Regardless of whether mariners operate a commercial, charter, or recreational vessel; subject matter experts will be on hand to answer questions about recreational and commercial fishing, or questions about laws pertaining to safety gear.
Boaters without specific questions are invited to come and listen to the discussion or pick up information on Boating Safety, Commercial Fishing Vessel Safety, Fishing Regulations, or to come and schedule a Courtesy Marine Examination.
The following are participating agencies and agency departments:
* U.S. Coast Guard Station Chincoteague
* U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
* U.S. Park Service (NWR)
* Virginia Marine Resources Commission
* National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
* U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary Boating Safety Instructors and Courtesy Marine Examiners
* U.S. Coast Guard Sector Hampton Roads Commercial Fishing Safety Examiners
The session will be held at Tarr Hall, in the Galley Facility, located on the base.
source: USCG press release